In this article, we shall be going through how to use the draw tool.
Due to many factors that might cause distractions, your client might find it difficult to focus on your product or service. To make sure your message gets across, you’ll need to use tools that will help you keep the attention of your client while on a video call. This is what the Draw tool can help you achieve.
The draw tab has tools that allow you to draw, scribble or even write texts on your scene. This means, during a live video call with your client, you can place drawings on top of your screen or anything you are sharing.
Now that we understand the importance of the Draw tool, let us jump right at how to make use of it.
Step 1: Make sure you’re logged in to your VideoTours360 app and have created a project.
On the bottom menu, you’ll find the Draw tool, but only activates when you share your screen on a live call. Therefore you’ll get a pop up with a message on the image below:
Step 2: Start a live chat with the Live Chat option in the bottom menu. When the Live Chat option is clicked on, an option bar pops up. At this point, click on Live Chat Execution.
Step 3: Click on Join to start the Live chat.
Step 4: Now you have finally started your live chat. It is time to share your screen with your client. To do this, Click on the screen icon in the chat options in order to share your screen.
When this is done, a popup will appear asking you to choose what to share. You have the option of choosing your entire screen, a window, or another tab on your chrome.
When you have selected your preferred option, click on the share button below it to activate your command.
Did you notice that immediately you share your screen, the Draw option becomes clickable? Now, it’s time to use the tool.
Step 5: Now, click on the Draw option. On the right hand side, an option menu will appear.
The following are tools are found in the Draw option menu
- Paint tool: The paint tool is used to make freehand sketches during the live chat.
- Rectangle tool: This tool as the name implies helps you draw a rectangle shape or stroke.
- Ellipse tool: Ellipse tool allows you to create ellipses tall and narrow, wide and short, round or just about any other way you choose your stroke.
- Stroke color: You can change the color of your stroke with this option by clicking on the color and selecting your preferred color. The slider below can be used to increase or reduce opacity as the case may be.
- Stroke width: With this option, you can change the width of the stroke. You can achieve this by moving the slider either left or right, depending you on the size you want. Another way to increase the width of the stroke is by manually inputting the size in the box provided.
Use the Clear button to erase drawing or sketches.
To exit the Draw too, click on the Cancel button.
Using The Drawing Tool As a Visitor
Step 1: The visitor either initiates or joins a call by clicking the Live Chat icon at the extreme right-hand side of the screen.
Step 2: When that is done, a popup will appear. Fill in your name and email and then click the Join button to start the live chat.
Step 3: Once you resume the live chat, click on the Share Screen icon to share your screen with the tour owner.
When this is done, a popup will appear asking you to choose what to share. You have the option of choosing your entire screen, a window, or another tab on your chrome. Select your preferred option and click on Share.
Step 4: At the top right corner, you will find the Draw tool. It looks like a pen. Click on it to activate the Draw options.
When the Draw tool is clicked on, an options bar will appear at the bottom left of the screen. The functions of each tool remain as explained above.