Analytics in a nutshell is a process of gathering, analyzing, and drawing valuable conclusions from available data. Businesses today, whether big or small, are using analytics tools to determine how data can be leveraged to solve problems and increase efficiency and revenue.
Analytics helps you quantify the effects of making a change to your marketing strategy, With the results gathered from Analytics, you can improve and optimize your online marketing campaigns.
Proper utilization of Analytics tools will help you discover your strengths and weaknesses.
Now that we know how important it is to have an Analytics tool, let us go through how to use the Analytics Dashboard.
Step 1: Choose the tour you would like to download. At the bottom left, you’ll find an Options icon (3 dots).
Step 2: When you click on the Options icon (3 dots), a box containing options will appear.
At this point, click on the Analytics option.
The Stat page of the Analytics Dashboard contains the following:
- Tour Views: This is simply the number of clients that have viewed your tour.
- Orders: This tool helps you know the number of persons that have made an order while viewing your tour.
- Subscribers: As the name implies, this refers to clients that are subscribed to you.
- Scene Views: Shows the number of time each scene in your tour was viewed.
- Overall: This shows you a graphical representation of the views you got in your tour.
The Hotspot Clicks page of the Analytics Dashboard shows you the number of clicks the Hotspots you added to your tour have gotten.